Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stutter

I stutter. Most folk don't realize it, since normally, I'm very thoughtful about the words that I speak so that I don't trip all over my words.  I also spell my words out mentally as I speak them, which helps me to keep the stutter to a minimum.  BUT, on those rare occasions, when I'm upset or speaking passionately about something, I do stutter.


There will soon come a time when I have to speak in public regularly, so I will likely be joining a Toastmasters group to help me with that.  Until then, do not expect to hear me reading any of my writings publicly.  The last time I shared a few poems with a group of folk was a few years ago when I was pregnant with Lailah Symone.  My poetry is very intimate and special to me, and I was soooo nervous, that I became very emotional during my reading.  I'll just blame it on the hormones....


Since I stutter, it gets difficult for me to express myself clearly when it matters most, so I write letters.  Oh, yes - your girl can compose a letter like no other!  So if you happen to be one of the lucky few to receive one from me - previously or in the future - just know that you've either severely pissed me off, or my love for you is such that I have to put pen to paper and let you know the real. 


If you've ever wondered, now you know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment