Saturday, May 21, 2011

NO FOOLASSNESS


Truth IS! Slogan Tees
FOOLASSNESS - one of my favorite terms, and so apropos these days.  Let's break it down: first, the free dictionary's definition of FOOL is "one who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding".  Next, the definition of ASS is "a vain, self-important, silly, or aggressively stupid person".  Lastly, the suffix -NESS means the state of, or condition of being something, foolassness = the state of being being a fool ass.


That's all well and good, but for me, foolassness is defined simply as bullshit attitudes and behaviors that people choose to engage in when they feel they have a right to pass judgment on others.  When they take other peoples actions and life choices personally (even though those people likely have no thought of them).  Even when they decide to create unnecessary and chaotic situations in order to hurt others. So, it can be applied to many different scenarios.  


In short, if you've heard me use this term, then you are well aware that I have absolutely no tolerance for foolassness. Thus, I have coined the phrase "NO FOOLASSNESS".  You can love it or leave it alone.


*This writing is actually much nicer than the original version I had in mind, but an easy morning and much needed nap with my girls and my pup have allowed for this friendly revision.  Feel free to contact me if you need further explanation. :) 



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! Especially the part "to create unnecessary and chaotic situations in order to hurt others". I thank you for your writing.

    Love cousin Londa

    ReplyDelete